Effective date: October 1, 2015
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username and mobile phone number when you register for a Flashvote account.
- Additional information you may provide for your user profile, including password, email address, age or date of birth, gender and picture.
- User Content (e.g., text, photos, video clips, comments and other content and materials) that you post on or through the Service.
- Communications between you and us. For example, when you contact our support team or communicate with us in any other way, we will collect whatever information you give us.
- We may collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through the Service. For example, we may collect information such as the time, date, sender and recipients of a message, the number of messages you exchange and the persons with whom you exchange the most messages.
- When you use your mobile device to access the Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content, which could include ads and other forms of marketing. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Device Phonebook and Photos:
Information collected by cookies and similar tracking technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a webpage or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, we collect certain log file information. That information includes, among other things, your web request, IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other similar information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content (for example, a photo) was collected and how that User Content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords), geotag (e.g., to mark your location), comments or other data. For example, if you geotag your photo, then your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and will be searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you.
Information from other sources:
- If another User allows us to collect information from his or her device phonebook—and you’re one of that User’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that User’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through the Service.
How We Use Your Information
- provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- provide and deliver products, services and functionality you request;
- communicate with you, which may include sending you marketing communications on behalf of us or other companies, responding to your comments and questions, providing you customer service, and sending you technical notices, security alerts and other informational messages;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which may include ads, promotional items, sponsored content, and other forms of marketing;
- develop, test, provide and test new products and features;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and demographic patterns;
- accumulate aggregated statistical and demographic information on various topics, issues and subject matter;
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- automatically update the Flashvote application on your device; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Your Information
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information, as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information with third-party advertising and marketing partners. This information would allow those third parties to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is not associated with you and share that aggregated information. For example, we may accumulate aggregated statistical and demographic information on various topics, issues and subject matter and share that information with third-party advertising and marketing partners.
Parties with whom you choose to share your User Content:
- When you send a message, your recipients will see your username and, of course, whatever your message says and shows. Unless you specifically designate a message as a private message, your message also could be viewed by other Users and could be publicly distributed outside of the Service. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted on or through the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if others have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Instances where we may be required to share your information:
Flashvote will disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement;
- protect the security or integrity of the Service; or
- exercise or protect our rights or property, or the rights, property or personal safety of Users or others.
How We Store Your Information
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States of America (“U.S.”) or any other country in which Flashvote, a company in the same group of companies as Flashvote or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Flashvote may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your Flashvote account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, we may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival and/or audit purposes.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Flashvote does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Other Websites and Services